Self Publish a Book and Get Fame & Fortune
Marketing for Success
Writing a book or ghostwriting a book is only the first step. Here is an overview of ALL the marketing options for your book as provided by our publishing company.
Whether you write the book yourself or depend on our ghostwriting services, the
combination of marketing and promotional services you choose when you self publish a book is up to you. We'd be happy to consult with you on this.
We can also help you get your share of the multibillion-dollar non-bookstore market. More than half of all books sold every year are sold outside of bookstores. This could be in places such as the following:
A book makes the writer money several ways: 1) direct sales and back-of-the-room sales, 2) Internet sales, 3) library sales, and 4) store sales.
|• Mass merchandisers such as
Wal-Mart or Costco
• Gift shops
• Airport stores
• Home-shopping networks
• Book clubs
• Network-marketing companies
• Government agencies
• Educational markets
• Targeted retail stores
• Military branches
• Niche-marketing opportunities
Take advantage of ABI's personal contacts with reviewers, book chains and distributors, and TV and radio producers, as well as ABI's database of over 250,000 media outlets and nearly 10,000 literary agents,
firms, Hollywood agents, TV and movie producers, actors and production studios.
ABI has come up with effective marketing solutions with reasonable budgets that allow the greatest amount of exposure of your memoir or other book, whether written by you or one of our ghostwriters,
for the lowest possible cost. Listed below are our various marketing plans as well as individual services. Keep in mind that as your publisher, we can customize ANY of these plans as needed. Whether you write a book yourself or take advantage of our ghostwriting services, we can help you create the perfect marketing plan.
MARKETING & PUBLICITY OPTIONS
Below is a sampling of the many options which might work best for you.
CONTACTING AGENTS, PUBLISHERS, HOLLYWOOD:
• $1,500: Create sell/query letter and contact 150 agents.
• $3,500: Package price includes the above PLUS creating book proposal.
BASIC MARKETING: $2,500: Here is a closer look:
• Create PR kit for speaking venues/press mailings/interested organizations. The kit includes several parts: 1. Back cover copy (blurb and author bio); 2. Press release; 3. Barnes & Noble/ Borders/Distributor letter; 4. Public speaking letter
• Register book with Books in Print. The database of all books sold through stores and online.
• Contact on behalf of Author 100 of the following:
• Promote book to regional and national library distributors. Includes sending book sample, press kit, completing necessary forms and submitting package to buyers. Advising Author on any paperwork requiring his signature.
• Promote book to regional and national retail distributors
• Promote book to Barnes & Noble. Includes sending book sample, press kit, filling out necessary forms and submitting package to buyers.
• Place book with major Internet bookseller Amazon.com.
• Promote book to book clubs and catalogs. Promote book to specialty organizations.
• Promote book with press kit to key reviewers and media outlets, including Publishers Weekly, The View, GMA, The Today Show, CSPAN’s About Books, The New York Times Book Review, Time, Newsweek, US News & World Report, LA Times, and Library Journal, and many more.
• Make targeted contacts to local, regional and related newsletters, newspapers, magazines, radio and TV producers
Beyond the basics, there are many options that are open to you—it all depends on your budget. The most important choices come down to the following:
• REVIEWERS: $3,500: ID and Contact 150+ genre-relevant reviewers
• BLOGS: $3,500: ID and Contact 150+ relevant blogs.
• E-ZINES: $3,500: ID and Contact 150+ relevant e-zines.
• WEB SITES: $3,500: ID and Contact 150 relevant web sites.
• BOOK CLUBS / READER'S GROUPS: $3,500: ID and Contact Internet Book Clubs, Readers Groups, including Good Reads, more
Here are some other options:
• YOUTUBE BOOK TRAILER: ($2,500): The popularity of book trailers (video commercial advertisements) has exploded over the past few years. Everyone is accessing videos through YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook, as well as commercial and personal web sites. Links to book trailers can even be embedded in press releases, e-mails, and proposals. And if you want effective, far-reaching advertising, publicity and promotion, Google and other Internet search engines have made them a marketing "must have" -- especially with today's visually-oriented consumers.
• PUBLISHERS WEEKLY REVIEW: $750: Publisher's Weekly is now offering the possibility of a review -- but it is a gamble; they may or may not choose you, but you are still gambling the money. We send out a detailed form we created, as well as an ARC.
• MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW: $750: One of the oldest and best known review sites. We send out a detailed form we created, as well as a book.
• KIRKUS REVIEW: $650: One of the oldest and best known review sites. We send out a detailed form we created, as well as the manuscript.
• LIBRARY JOURNAL: $750: We send out a detailed form we created, as well as an ARC.
• BOOKLIST: $750: We send out a detailed form we created, as well as an ARC.
• AMAZON REVIEWS: $1,500: Encourage 20 readers to write reviews for your book (you must provide the books).
• INTERNET BLAST: $2,500, $5,000 $10,000: Send Out MULTIPLE Internet Press Releases (10, 25, or 40) reaching over 4,000 World Wide Web outlets, but especially for Search Engines such as Google and Yahoo. Excellent for SEO.
• WIKIPEDIA PAGE: $10,500: Create a Wikipedia page; includes cross linking where possible. This may be conditional on your status with the media.
• ENDORSEMENTS: $500: Provide up to 3 endorsements from our roster of authors.
• ENDORSEMENT REQUESTS: $5,000: Search out and contact up to 50 endorsers for your book.
• SPECIAL ALERTS / "CLIPPING SERVICE": $500: See what people are saying about you and your industry. This way you can respond to marketing and promotional opportunities on the Internet and elsewhere. We set up your account.
• ARTICLE/BLOG: $1,500 each: Highly SEO optimized copy (key words, links, etc.) to promote your presence on the web by focusing on core and key issues that are of relevance to your target audience, industry, you (professionally), and your book.
• ARTICLES 2: $250 to $2,500 each: Create general articles for Newspapers, E-Zines, etc.: $250 for each basic, non-optimized article; minimum of 6 articles.
• BLOG POSTS: $2,500: Set up account, create and post up to 50 blog posts on Google's Blogger web site (options include Tumblr, WordPress, Live Journal).
• TARGETED INTERNET MEDIA MAILING: $2,500, $5,000 $10,000: Send SINGLE press kit to key targeted, media people (500 people, 1,000 people, or 5,000 people), including contacts to local, regional and related newsletters, newspapers, magazines, radio and TV producers
• TV, RADIO, NEWSPAPERS: $5,000 to $10,500: Direct Media Phone Calls: We will make 250 to 500 personalized phone calls direct to the Media -- a very intensive campaign to promote your book directly to TV, radio, newspaper, and magazine contacts
• WALMART, ETC.: $3,500: Contact Box Stores: Promote Book to airport outlets and box stores, including Costco, Walmart
• AIRPORTS: $2,500. Contact airport distributors and book outlets
• LIBRARIES: $4,500: Contact Libraries: $4,500: Library Mailings/Flyer program to reach 115,000 branches
• LIBRARY SHOWS: PRICE VARIES: Advertise and/or take vendor space at National, regional, state, and city library shows
• CONVENTIONS, TRADE SHOWS: PRICE VARIES: Advertise and/or take vendor space at National, regional, state, and city conventions, trade shows
• FACEBOOK 1: $2,500: Contact potential readers through social media outlets, including Facebook, MySpace
• FACEBOOK 2: PRICE VARIES: Advertise through Facebook
• FACEBOOK 3: $1,500: Create Facebook account, page
• GOOGLE PROMO: PRICE VARIES: Advertise through Google's Adword program
• INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORES: $2,500: Contact up to 150 independent bookstores for placement of Book
• VIRTUAL BOOK TOUR: $5,000: ID and Contact Internet Media for personal interviews with web site hosts.
• AMAZON BLAST: PRICE VARIES:Take advantage of the many Amazon programs to promote your book.
• TV AND RADIO PRODUCER'S MAGAZINE: $2,500: Place ads and book descriptions in insider magazines and/or newsletters to catch the interest of industry movers and shakers: media producers, booking agents, more (targeted to radio and TV reporters, producers, on-air hosts)
• TWITTER: $2,500: Create Twitter account; hook up to 100 followers; create 100 Tweets over 6 months
• FORUMS: $2,500: ID and post up to 5 comments each on up to 20 relevant Forums
• DIRECT E-MARKETING: PRICE VARIES: Advertise through relevant, targeted opt-in lists
• WEB SITE: $1,495: Create and list web site
• WEB SITE SEO: $1,500/month: Search engine optimization for your web site to help your site attain a high organic listing on key search engines
• GOOGLE ADWORDS CAMPAIGN: PRICE VARIES: Choose "sponsored search listings) with search engines (including BING/YAHOO with select terms and phrases. You can build an empire that way!
• NETWORKING 1: $2,500: Set up account with Plaxo, Linked-In, (other possibilities include Manta, Inc., more)
• NETWORKING 2: PRICE VARIES: Advertise through Networks such asPlaxo, Linked-In, (other possibilities include Manta.com, Inc., more)
• READER'S NETWORKS: Set up presence with Shelfari, Squidoo, Wattpad, more
• EXPANDED DISTRIBUTION (OPEN TO eBOOKS & POD):
$250: Expanded Distribution offers the potential to distribute your book to more of your customers through more channels, including retailers, bookstores, libraries, academic institutions, resellers, wholesalers, and distributors. With Expanded Distribution you have the potential to distribute your work through thousands of retail and wholesale channels in the U.S.
There are three distribution channels available through Expanded Distribution:
Bookstores and Online Retailers - Make your book available to online and offline retailers such as Barnes & Noble and to distributors, such as, Ingram and NACSCORP.
Libraries and Academic Institutions - Make your book available through Baker & Taylor to libraries and academic institutions.
Wholesale Direct - Make your book available to certified resellers through our wholesale website.
Through Expanded Distribution you can take advantage of our direct relationships with retailers, as well as leading industry distributors, such as Ingram and Baker & Taylor.
Please call us at (877) 822-2500 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to help you out with any of your questions and to make your book a reality.